The information provided on this website is educational in nature and intended for the general public. It is not medical advice. Seek medical advice regarding your health from your own health care providers.
The marketplace is responding to consumer demand for goods and services that will help people follow low-FODMAP diets. Companies providing goods and services for people with gastrointestinal problem need expert advice. Patsy therefore occasionally makes her expertise available on a consulting basis to carefully selected clients. Her active financial relationships and brand affiliations are disclosed below*. Patsy selects only business clients that match her personal and professional views, with product claims that are evidence-based. It is her hope that working with industry will promote appropriate use of low FODMAP ingredients, foods and diet plans. Social media posts that are created or used on behalf of clients will be clearly identified and/or marked as such with the hashtags #spon, #sponsored, #affiliate, or #client. If Patsy mentions a food or beverage product that she has received as a casual free sample, for example at a food show, she will indicate that in social media posts with the tag #sample.
- Patsy is the owner of GI Nutrition Inc, and works as a nutrition consultant. She provides one-on-one medical nutrition services to individual clients at Nutrition Works LLC in Portland, Maine. She sells educational materials about IBS and FODMAPs. She is paid to provide continuing professional education to other health care professionals.
- Patsy is a member of the TrueSelf Foods LLC advisory board.
- Patsy is a Guest Guru and recipe developer at GutRxGurus.com.
- GI Nutrition Inc is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- GI Nutrition Inc develops recipes for a variety of clients; in 2017 these have included VSL3.com and Verywell.com. Recipe development services do not imply endorsement.
- GI Nutrition Inc sells advertising about products and service of interest to consumers with IBS, and to support the publication of the IBS-Free Digest Consumer and Healthcare Professional editions. 2017 advertisers have included FODY Foods, TrueSelf Foods, FODMAPPed Foods, FODMAP-Friendly, and Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition. Banner advertisements bear the word "Advertisement" near the top of the ad. Items with the words "Sponsored Content" under the headline are also advertisements. GI Nutrition Inc retains full editorial control the Digest. Paid advertisement does not imply endorsement.
Code of Ethics:
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, I am fully committed to a professional code of ethics and I follow FTC guidelines regarding endorsements.