Guest post by: Jillian Smith, Nutrition student at the University of New Hampshire and Intern
Dinner can be a stressful time in everyone's lives. You may be rushing home from work or carting the kids from one location to the next. No one wants to have to worry about what they will prepare for dinner. Many of the following ideas are meals you could serve to the whole family. Here are some delicious dinner ideas to try at your next meal:
- Whip up an easy zucchini gratin with lactose-free milk and sharp cheddar cheese. Top with gluten-free bread crumbs for a golden crust.
- Qunioa veggie burgers are a yummy substitute to veggie burgers containing soy products. Your whole family will love them. Serve with homemade oven-baked fries.
- Stir-fry your favorite allowed vegetables. Serve over brown rice and sprinkle with nuts.
- Make a batch of brown-rice pasta and add a plethora of allowed vegetables. This pasta primavera will have you wanting seconds. Top with cheddar cheese or nuts.
- Make-your-own pizzas! Use a gluten-free pizza crust such as Udi's pizza crust and top with a variety of ingredients. (Note: many gluten-free pizza crusts contain xanthan gum, some people don't tolerate too well.)
- Toss qunioa with a bunch of greens for a hearty salad.
- Breakfast for dinner! Serve pancakes, waffles, or eggs for dinner for a surprising treat.
- Bake a warm, satisfying shepherd's pie with seitan!
These dinner ideas are full of protein and flavor. Fill yourself up and put a smile on your face. Be your own chef. Enjoy!